PLEASE NOTE: This title is available for PREORDER. Your card will be charged at checkout, and books will ship the week of November 14, 2023.
Military Culture Shift: The Impact of War, Money, and Generational Perspective on Morale, Retention, and Leadership
by Corie Weathers
A guide to understanding and leading today's US military force.
Military Culture Shift presents the story of US military service members, their families, and the institution itself, through the lens of multiple generations, and the major factors impacting modern-day recruitment, retention, leadership, and wellness. A licensed counselor and leadership consultant, author Corie Weathers draws from her own military spouse experience, her professional work with military families and leaders, and more than 15 years of research, to offer narrative history, insights, and perspectives on:
- Generational viewpoints, from World War I veterans to today’s recruits (Gen Z)
- Short- and long-term impact of Department of Defense budget decisions
- Emerging social trends within the military community, especially post-9/11
- Cumulative effect of two decades of war on military family wellness
Of special interest to military leaders, service members, military family members, as well as historians, politicians, educators, and counselors, Military Culture Shift helps readers understand and embrace:
- How past decisions have led to the current state
- Generational differences in motivation, trust in authority, and learning styles
- Why families aren’t turning up for in-person and social events
- Communication shifts that impact cohesiveness
- Leadership strategies to influence positive changes going forward
Orders received during our holiday/vacation office closings will ship on the following business day. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Military Family Books is open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 2 pm CST. If you need help selecting resources or have special shipping needs, please call us at 651-357-8770.
Most case and bulk orders ship within one day. Noted products ship within two weeks.
Ground shipping includes USPS media mail and FedEx or UPS ground. For Priority Mail, FedEx 2 Day or other expedited shipping options, please call 651-357-8770.
For products such as ebooks and music downloads that do not require shipping, you will receive an email with a link to download your purchase.