A Girl's Guide to Military Service: Selecting Your Specialty, Preparing for Success, Thriving in Military Life
by Amanda Huffman
1 Bulk = 200 Books
A Girl’s Guide to Military Service is for any young woman considering a job or career in the military. With information, tips, and perspective gathered from a variety of women who serve, this introductory guide will help you:
- Discern if military service is the right choice for you
- Evaluate enlisting or commissioning as an officer
- Select a service branch and career field
- Prepare for training, mentally and physically
- Integrate personal life, relationships, and motherhood with military service
- Manage stress and increase mental toughness
- Navigate unique challenges as a woman in the military
- Thrive in your military career!
Applicable for enlisted and officer careers in any US Armed Forces service branch and type of service commitment, including:
- Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, Space Force
- Active duty, National Guard, Reserves
“… a solid, factual, and practical guide to help young women make a major life decision with confidence … Strongly recommended.”
—Mari K Eder, Major General, US Army (Ret)
“… a perfect guide to help any woman considering life in uniform get straight talk on how it all works …”
—Jose Velazquez, Sergeant Major, US Army Public Affairs (Ret)
Amanda Huffman is an Air Force veteran, Space Force wife, and mom. She served six years in the Air Force, including a deployment to Afghanistan. Amanda is a featured expert on military-related podcasts and writes for military publications. Her Women of the Military podcast and Airman to Mom blog provide stories, resources, and encouragement to women in the military community.
ISBN 978-1-934617-67-0 Bulk
Orders received during our holiday/vacation office closings will ship on the following business day. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Military Family Books is open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 2 pm CST. If you need help selecting resources or have special shipping needs, please call us at 651-357-8770.
Most case and bulk orders ship within one day. Noted products ship within two weeks.
Ground shipping includes USPS media mail and FedEx or UPS ground. For Priority Mail, FedEx 2 Day or other expedited shipping options, please call 651-357-8770.
For products such as ebooks and music downloads that do not require shipping, you will receive an email with a link to download your purchase.