Wish Ribbons (50)
Create a group wishing tree with our special Wish Ribbons pack of 50 ribbons!
A perfect complement to a case of 50 The Wishing Tree paperback books! This 50-ribbon pack is packaged especially for schools, family readiness programs, and special events where you want each child to have a wish ribbon with the book. A great way to help military kids and their friends feel empowered to make a difference through their wishes and prayers.
You'll receive one package of 50 wish ribbons. Each ribbon is 18" long and 5/8" wide and can be written on with a regular ball-point pen or a sharp pencil or crayon (write on the nonshiny side then tie the ribbon with the shiny side showing).
It starts with a wish!
Wishing trees can be created to host many kinds of wishes. In the book The Wishing Tree, Amanda creates her wishing tree when her dad deploys with the military. You can also create a wishing tree to hold wishes, hopes, prayers, or dreams for others who are less fortunate, the safety or good health of a friend or family member, goals and dreams for your future, places you'd like to travel, or good wishes for a newly married couple, new parents, graduates, and many more.
You can create a wishing tree in your own home, or in a classroom, family assistance center, church, organization, or business. Combine the 50-ribbon pack with a case of The Wishing Tree books to help military kids positively participate in the experience when a parent is deployed and help their civilian friends better understand what it's like to have a parent deploy. Everyone has a voice to make a difference with a wishing tree!
Wishing tree ideas:
Amanda's Wishing Tree
1. Select a small tree or plant (artificial or real) or use branches supported by florist foam.
2. Using a fabric pen, write your wishes on our special wish ribbons and tie them to the branches.
Bulletin Board Wishing Tree
1. Hang on a wall a premade bulletin board, cork board, heavyweight poster board, or flannel board.
2. Cut out a bare tree with several long branches using construction paper or flannel. Tack, tape, or staple your tree to the bulletin board.
3. Have students, family members, or other participants write wishes, hopes, and prayers on our special wish ribbons and tack to the tree.
Box of Wishes
1. Select a box with a lid. Cut an opening in the box top or use a liftable lid.
2. Decorate the box with photos of a person you are wishing on behalf of, a drawing of a tree, or other decoration. 3. Write wishes on our special wish ribbons and put into the box.
Jar of Wishes
1. Choose a large clear container with an easy on/off lid, such as a large pickle jar or candy jar.
2. Decorate the jar with permanent marker, paint, or pasted paper or leave the jar clear if you want to see the wishes.
3. Write your wishes on our special wish ribbons.
4. Put the wishes in the jar for a colorful display of wishes.
Styrofoam Wishing Tree
1. Begin with a styrofoam cone, with the flat edge down. Spraypaint or decorate the cone.
2. Write wishes on our special wish ribbons.
Holiday Wishing Tree
Using your normal holiday tree, write wishes on our special wish ribbons and decorate with your wishes and hopes for others.
Wish Ribbons 50
18" x 5/8"
Pack of 50
PLEASE NOTE: Our office will be closed August 21–23. All orders received after 11 AM CST Tuesday, August 20 will ship on August 26, 2019. Thank you!
Elva Resa Publishing and MilitaryFamilyBooks.com offices are open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 2 pm CST. Orders received before 11 a.m. CST usually ship the same day. Orders received after 11 a.m. ship the following day. Orders received on Friday, Saturday or Sunday ship the following Monday.
Ground shipping includes USPS media mail and FedEx ground. For Priority Mail, FedEx 2 Day or other expedited shipping options, please call 651-357-8770.
For products such as ebooks and music downloads that do not require shipping, you will receive an email with a link to download your purchase.
Subscriptions to Military Kids' Life magazine are shipped separately from Chameleon Kids and may take 4-6 weeks for your first issue to arrive.
Sweet Seidner's Cookies are shipped separately from the bake shop in Connecticut.